Canvas - Modules
How to navigate and understand Canvas modules
- In your Canvas course, select on Modules in the course options menu
- You will then see the course content laid out in groups and progression
- The arrow in the title will expand and collapse each module grouping
- The icon to the left of the course content title will identify what type of course content it is. There are icons for assignments, discussions, quizzes
- If configured by the instructor, icons may appear that indicate the status to the right of the content item.
- If the item has not been started yet, you will see a black circle
- If the item is not available yet, will will see a lock icon
- If the item is complete you, will see a circle with a green checkmark.
- If the item is NOT complete, you will see a circle with a diagonal line.
- If the item is submitted but not yet checked, you will see a blue info icon
- If the item is past due, you will see a circle with a red dash