Adobe Acrobat Sign - Request e-signatures
Individuals or teams looking for a way to send agreements which require a signature.
Adobe Acrobat Request e-signatures (Send for Signature) requires individuals to electronically send a document to at least one other recipient to be signed. Agreements are saved in PDF format and are managed online. If you are only filling and signing a PDF yourself, use [Link for document 129465 is unavailable at this time]
- From the Adobe Acrobat Sign Dashboard click the Request e-signatures (1a) button or the Send (1b) button.
- Type the email address (1) of the first recipient to sign the document. As soon as one address is entered a box will appear to add an additional email address. The Add Me (1a) link will add your CVTC email address as a recipient.
Note: Names and email address are not linked to any shared directory. Once an email is used it will be added to your Personal Contacts and will be selectable in the future.
The Add Recipient Group (1b) link can be added to allow any one of multiple individuals to sign. All members will receive an email, but only one member will need to sign the agreement.
The Show CC (1d) link can be used to add email addresses to receive a notification when the agreement has been completed.
By default the recipients are notified sequentially starting with number one. Slide the Complete in Order (1c) to the right to notify all of the recipients at once.
Each recipient can be assigned a role for the agreement. The default role of Signer can be changed by clicking the drop-down (2) and selecting a new role. Receipt role descriptions are detailed below.
In the Files box (3) Drag and Drop or click the Add Files link to select a saved file. Multiple files can be added to an agreement. Recipients will see the files as one document in the order listed. Files can be PDF or DOC, DOCX, RTF, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, TXT, TIFF, TIF, BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, and PNG.
The Agreement Name will be added to the Message box (4). The name and description can be changed by clicking and changing the text. The Message will appear in the email that is sent to the recipients.
Optional items can be checked for the agreement. Password Protect prompts for a password that will be needed before a recipient can open the agreement. The password would need to be communicated to each recipient outside of Adobe Sign. The Completion Deadline will expire the agreement after the date set. If the agreement is not completed by the deadline it would need to be resent. Set Reminder will email each recipient who has not completed the agreement at the frequency that is set in this field. Recipients' Language can be changed and applies to all recipients listed.
Leave Preview & Add Signature Fields checked and click the Next button (6). Note: Once you proceed to the next page it is not possible to change the Recipients or the optional items for this agreement. A new agreement would need to be started and the correct recipients and options selected.
- Note: These instructions are for the classic authoring experience as the new authoring experience currently has limitations. To switch, click the Switch to classic authoring link.
Adobe will process the document and detect fillable fields. Fields can be modified or removed and new fields can be added to the document before it is sent for signatures.
To have the detected fields placed into the document click the Place All Fields (1) button or click the X (2) to place fields manually.
Each field in the document must be assigned to one recipient or any recipient. To see the list of recipients, click the carrot. Prefill will allow the sender to complete assigned fields before the document is sent on for signature. The other recipient roles are shown in parenthesis after their name or email. Anyone fields are open to all recipients until content is added, then they become locked and cannot be changed. Everyone only applies to Hyperlink fields in which a signer is required to click a hyperlink within the agreement.
To change a recipient assignment, right click a form field and click Edit.
Click the name from the Assigned To drop down pick the recipient who will fill in this field.
- New fields can be dragged into the agreement. Click the carrot to expand the field type (1), then click and drag the field (2) onto the agreement. The size can be adjusted by clicking, holding, and dragging the edge or corner of the field box.
- The properties of each field can be edited. Right-click on the field and click the Edit button.
To edit the name of the field click the pencil icon (1).
Make any changes to the field properties.
Click the OK button (2) to save any changes.
Note: At least one required signature field must be a part of the agreement, choose either Signature or Signature Block. If these are not detected, a required signature field will be added to a new page at the end of the agreement.
- There are a few options that can be implemented before the agreement is sent. If the form fields need to be reset, click the Reset Fields link (a).
The form can be saved as a template and then reused to send future agreements. If this form should be saved as a template, click the checkbox before Save as template (b).
The form can be saved and then sent at a later time. Click the Save Progress link (c). To view saved agreements, click the Manage link from the top menu bar and then the Draft option from the left menu. Click the pencil icon to edit the form. Note: it is not possible to change the recipients. If different recipients are needed a new agreement needs to be started.
- Click the Send button to send the agreement for signatures.
- The agreement will be sent to the recipients through the email address provided. By default you will receive an email after each recipient has taken action and another email after everyone has completed the agreement. Your notification settings can be adjusted under your account Profile Settings.
When creating an agreement each recipient is assigned a role.
- Signer (default) - Recipients must electronically sign the document.
Approver -Recipients review and approve the document but they are not required to sign it. They may be required to enter data into fields.
Form Filler -Recipients are required to enter data into the form fields and submit the document.
Acceptor -Recipients are required to accept the document. They may be required to enter data into fields.
Certified Recipient -Recipients are required to view and acknowledge the receipt of the document.
Delegator - Recipients may review the document but can’t sign, approve or accept the document or acknowledge its receipt. They need to forward the document to another user who may take the appropriate action.