Join Zoom from Browser
Joining a Zoom meeting from a browser is an option for those who don't want to, or are not able to, download the Zoom app on their devices. Note that this only works on computer browsers. The Zoom app will need to be installed on mobile devices and tablets.
Joining the Meeting
- In Canvas, click the Calendar icon from the global navigation menu.
- Click the name of the meeting (1) and then the link to join the meeting (2).
- Click the link provided to join the meeting or course.
The link can be in a Canvas course, sent via email, or provided by the instructor.
The same link works to join from browsers or in the app.
Here are a couple of examples. Note the link may look different depending on how it was distributed.
Join From Browser
- If a pop-up window prompts you to open or install the Zoom desktop client, click Cancel.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Join from Your Browser link.
- At the top of the browser window, click to Allow notifications.
- Click the Join Audio by Computer button.
Allow Audio and Video
The browser needs to be granted permission to use the camera and microphone.
- At the top of the browser window, click to Allow the browser to use your microphone.
- At the bottom of the browser window, click to start your video.
- At the top of the browser window, click to Allow the browser to use your camera.
If the microphone audio or camera video are not working, check the browser permissions.\
- Click the padlock next to the web address (1).
Make sure each slider is enabled with the dot on the right (2).