Work Study on-boarding requirements
Requirements for student workers at hire.
Students that have never been a student worker for CVTC will need to complete a background check.
- The background check can be accessed at www.myvci.com/cvtchr
- Click "GO"
- Select "Non WI Caregiver Background Check" from the drop-down list
- Click "Next"
- Enter your information and review to ensure accuracy
- Click "Next Step" at the bottom of the page
- Driver license information is not required for IT student workers as they will not be driving college vehicles
- Click "Next Step" to continue
- Complete "Disclosure and Authority to Release Information" and click "Save" when finished
- Review your information and click "Complete"
- Once the background check has been completed or if it already has, the student will need to visit the Financial Aid office to obtain the "Request to Hire Form for Work Study Students". This will need to be completed by both the student worker and the supervisor.
- Once completed, the form needs to be turned in at the HR office. For the visit to HR, the student should have with them:
- Banking information so their payroll direct deposit may be setup
- Appropriate forms of ID for completing the I9 form. Current data for acceptable identification for the I9 may be found at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents/list-documents/form-i-9-acceptable-documents