Microsoft Lens - How to Create One Document with Multiple Pages
1. Open your app store on your device.
2. Search Microsoft Lens and install the app.
3. Once the app is installed, click to open it.
4. Swipe through the quick tutorial.
5. You’ll have to allow Lens to access your camera.
6. Make sure you have the appropriate file type selected at the bottom of the app. You can choose Whiteboard, Document, Business Card, or Photo.
7. Line up the orange square on the app over your document. If you can’t get the document to fill the orange square, lift your device up higher over the document, then move it back down.
8. When ready, click the white capture button.
9. To add another page to this document, click the white button with a camera and plus sign.
10. Repeat steps 6 and 7.
11. When you are done, click Done.
12. In the top line, make sure you have signed into and selected the correct account to save this file to. Your CVTC OneDrive account is recommended. As you can see, I am connected to my CVTC OneDrive account because it says email@example.com. If you are not connected to your CVTC OneDrive account yet in the app, it will allow you to click Add Account when you click on the first line. Then sign in with your CVTC email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your MyCVTC password.
13. Rename your file in the Title field.14. Choose PDF.
15. Chose OneDrive.
16. Your file will say Transferring. The bigger your file, the longer it will take to transfer. Once it is done, you will be able to click on your file to view it.
17. Your file is now saved to your CVTC OneDrive account for easy access. To access it on a computer, log into MyCVTC and click the clouds icon in the top quick links.
18. Microsoft Lens will automatically create an Office Lens folder in your OneDrive. Open the Office Lens folder to find your files.
To submit this file to a Canvas assignment:
On your device:
1. Open the Microsoft Office Lens app.
2. Click the three buttons in the top right corner.
3. Select My Files.
4. Open the correct file.
5. Click the Share button.
6. If you do not see Submit Assignment and the Canvas icon, choose More.
7. Turn on Submit Assignment by the Canvas icon.
8. Click Done.
9. Click Submit Assignment.
10. Choose the course you’d like to submit it to.
11. Choose the assignment you’d like to submit it to.
12. Click Submit.
On your computer (CVTC OneDrive option):
1. Login to Canvas.
2. Open your course and the assignment.
3. Click on the blue Submit Assignment button.
4. Click on the Office 365 tab.
5. If prompted to login - click login twice. You may be asked to login with your CVTC login information.
6. Once your OneDrive files load, click the Office Lens folder.
7. Check the box next to the correct file.
8. Click Attach File
9. Click Submit Assignment.