Canvas - How to Record a Screen Capture Video in Canvas Studio
- Open Chrome or Firefox. Make sure you have a strong, stable internet connection.
- Open Canvas and select Studio in the bottom-left in the blue Global Navigation menu.
- Click Record in the top right corner. Click Screen Capture.
- The first time you record using the Screen Capture feature, you will have to download the recorder. Click download and follow the prompts.
- Once the recorder is installed, you can click Record again and choose Screen Capture.
- Open the screen recorder launcher.
- A black and white box will appear with features.Anything in the black and white box will be recorded. Open whatever you would like to be included in your screen recording. Click and hold on the corners of the black and white box to resize it.
- In the features in the bottom-left, you can choose to add your webcam to this video by clicking on Both. Make sure your microphone is connected by clicking on the arrow in the Narration line.
- Click Preference and the blue gear for additional settings.
- When you are ready to record, click Rec. You will get a count down and your recording will start.
- When you are done recording, click the blue pause button.
- If would like to re-record your video, click the trash can and start over. If you would like to save your video, click Done.
- Give your video a title and click Upload.When your video is done processing, click Done.
- Now your video will appear in the My Uploads view of your Studio account.
" target="_blank" style="">Screencastify - Video Recording (An Alternative to Canvas Studio)