Required Immediate CVTC-Issued Laptop Maintenance
To ensure the safety of our network, we are requiring immediate maintenance of your CVTC-issued laptop effective Thursday, January 21, 2021. CVTC-issued Apple MacBooks are not required to be dropped off for maintenance.
Please follow these steps at your earliest opportunity:
- Label your laptop with your USERNAME and OFFICE NUMBER
- Drop off your laptop (laptop only, please do not include any power cables or accessories.) at one of our approved sites below, between Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Door #11 of the BEC (located by Student Central)
- Main Entrances of CFC, EEC, ESEC, MEC, MEN, & RFC
You will be notified when your laptop is ready for pick-up from your office. Upon receipt, please follow the setup directions provided with your laptop. DUO dual authentication will be installed on every device at this time if you have not already been enrolled.
If you are not able to drop off your laptop at one of the campuses you can mail your laptop. Please make sure that the laptop is securely packaged and mail it to:
Chippewa Valley Technical College
ATTN: IT DEPT
620 W Clairemont Ave
Eau Claire WI 54701
Please include how you would like your laptop returned to you. If you would like it mailed back to you or if you would like it dropped off at a CVTC campus. Please include a return address or what campus you would like it dropped off at. You will be notified when it has been mailed or dropped off at designated campus.
When finished, your laptop will be placed in your office on your desk. The following instructions will be on your laptop:
- Login: Connect your laptop to your personal WiFi (you will not be able to log into the laptop while on campus). Click Other User and enter your CVTC Email Address and password. (you must be connected to WiFi and use your FULL email address to log in).
- If you have not already been enrolled in DUO, you are now. For set up instructions please visit https://kb.cvtc.edu/duo. Your cell phone is the recommended method of authentication but if you need a token please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We recommend changing your password upon logging in. For instructions on how to change your password please visit https://kb.cvtc.edu/password.
- If you are getting an error message that your secret question and answer has expired you will need to click on Activate MyCVTC Account from the MyCVTC login page. Here you can reset your secret question/answer as well as your MyCVTC password.
- If your OneDrive files are corrupted (there's a .ryk behind the filename), you can restore them to a previous version before 01/15/2021. For instructions on how to restore previous versions please visit https://kb.cvtc.edu/onedrive.
- To install software, you can visit the Company Portal (replacing the Software Center). Click the Start Menu > Company Portal. More apps will be available in the future. If you do not see the software you are looking for please submit a ticket to email@example.com so we can eventually get it added.
- If VPN access is needed please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org and your request will be reviewed. Upon approval you will be able to install Global Protect from the Company Portal. For VPN install and set-up instructions, please visit https://kb.cvtc.edu/vpn
CVTC laptops will no longer contain the following:
- Local Admin Rights
- Network Drives
- Automatic cvtcwireless connection (temporary)
- Printers (temporary) - for current printing needs please visit https://cvtc.dcopy.net/.
- IE Favorites
- MS Visio
- MS Project
Any questions please submit a ticket to email@example.com and we will respond as soon as we can.