Canvas - Discussion response considerations
When responding to discussion post in Canvas these are some key points to keep in mind.
- Read the directions - Here the instructor will lay out the expectations. Many times a Rubric will be included to define expectations.
- Reply - Make sure that you post your initial response before replying to your classmate's responses.
- Include media and resources - You have the option to include images, media and other resources into your reply to support your position.
- Document - You can draft your response in a word processor application like Microsoft Office Word to check for spelling and grammar before you copy it to the discussion post.
- Avoid Fluff - Keep to the main point of the topic, saying more with less is a skill that makes you focus on the key points to communicate.