Canvas - Conversations
In Canvas this is another method for you to communicate with your course classmates. This is similar to an email system but exclusively for Canvas.
- Open Canvas and from the blue global navigation bar select the Inbox icon. A window will open that resembles an email program.
- To compose a new message select the Compose New Message icon at the top of the window. It will look like a paper and pencil icon.
- When the Compose Message dialog box appears, Select the course for the individual(s) that you wish to communicate with.
- Once you select the course, you select the To field. The options are Instructor or Student. If you select Student a list of the students in the course will appear for you to choose from.
- You will then need to create a message Subject and text in the body. Additionally you can add a file or media from Canvas.
- Click the Send button when you are done.
- Messages that were sent to you will appear on the left hand side.