Creating a CVTC Cognito Forms Account
The ‘Cognito Forms’ web-based form building tool is CVTC’s general replacement for Google forms or other web-based data collection form tools. It is accessible to users outside of CVTC and is HIPPA, FERPA, GDPR compliant and is approved for PII (personal Identifiable Information) by CVTC. Data can be sent from the forms to SharePoint Online, One Drive and Teams, with help from IT.
New User Account Creation
If you already have an account and just need to set up Two-Factor Authentication, then skip to https://kb.cvtc.edu/113377.
- To create a Cognito Forms account, submit a service desk ticket to get a Cognito Forms account invitation – At CVTC, you must submit a Service Desk Ticket to have an invitation sent to your email to create an account within the CVTC Cognito Forms license group. Setting up your own account without using the invitation email will not get you into the proper group.
This is what the email should look like:
- Choose Join with Email. When you click on the link to join, you should see the sign-up page which has 3 choices: Join with Google, Join with Facebook and Join with email.
- Enter your Name and a Password, then JOIN - When you click on ‘Join with Email’, you will be taken to the screen where you can enter your name for the account in the 1st field, then the email in the 2nd field (the email is filled in for you in the 2nd field) and in the 3rd field you enter a password. This does not necessarily need to be your CVTC password. If you forget your password, you will need to contact the Service Desk and have the Cognito Forms Administrator set you up with a temporary password. Your password must be at least 7 characters and its strength will be indicated in a progress bar displayed below the password field. Click the box to agree to terms of service and click the JOIN button.
- Cognito Forms will log you in and show a message
- Example of email you should receive to verify your email:
- Click on the link and you will be asked to Log in to verify your email.
- Next you need to enable the Two-Factor Authentication for Cognito Forms. This is separate from the CVTC Two-Factor Authentication. However, the DUO application that CVTC uses for account login can be set up for Cognito Forms as well. Please see the related article below.