Initial iPad Setup
- Turn on iPad, by holding the power button for five seconds.
- Connect the iPad to WiFi, when prompted.
- If you are at a CVTC campus please connect to cvtcwireless using your CVTC username and password.
- Follow the prompts to finish the iPad set-up.
- Your CVTC account login and your Apple account login are two different things. You can connect your iPad to your personal Apple account or create one (you cannot user your CVTC email address for your Apple ID). CVTC CANNOT reset your Apple ID or password so please make sure you know your Apple ID and password. If you have issues with your Apple ID or password please follow the steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201487
- Make sure you check weekly for iPad updates and install them. Installing these updates can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or more depending on the speed of your internet connection. You can check for iPad updates by going into Settings > General > Software Updates.
Apps needed vary by program but all students should have the following apps installed:
Self Service - Automatically installed on your iPad. You can install apps from Self Service without an Apple ID.
Microsoft Outlook - Recommended way to check your CVTC email.
Office Suite - Create, view and edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Access OneDrive files.
Canvas Student - Access course content, submit assignments, & more.
Google Drive App - Find files that others have shared with you, create file folders, store documents, and more.
Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides - Create text documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.