CVTC's ATB Program
CVTC offers the Ability to Benefit (ATB) program which allows adult learners who do not have a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED/HSED) to obtain financial assistance to earn a college degree or technical diploma while completing their GED or HSED.
CVTC’s ATB Program Requirements:
- Must be a Wisconsin resident - 18 ½ or older.
- Do not have a high school credential or did not graduate from an accredited high school.
- Want to enroll in an eligible CVTC college program and apply for financial aid.
- Demonstrate college readiness.
There are three options for students to demonstrate college readiness:
- Pass the TABE Reading assessment with an NRS score of 5 or better.
- Successfully complete six college credits.
- Pass the ATB Accuplacer with scores of Reading 233, Writing 235, and Arithmetic 230.
Adults who want to explore whether ATB is the right path into college should contact Adult Education & College Prep at 715-833-6400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.