SharePoint - Web Part List
Modern SharePoint contains a number of Web Parts that can be added to page sections. There is no ability to hide incompatible web parts so not every Web Part is supported with our current subscriptions. Examples for supported Web Part can be seen in the list below.
Click the name of the web part for Microsoft documentation from Using web parts on SharePoint pages.
Text, media, and content
- Button - adds a button to your page with a label and link.
- Call to action - creates a button with a call to action for users.
- Divider - inserts a line between other web parts to help break up the page and make it easier to read.
- Hero - display up to five items and use compelling images, text, and links to draw attention to each
- Image - inserts an image.
- Image Gallery - shares collections of pictures on a page.
- Link - adds one link to an internal or external page, video, image, or document.
- Quick links - creates a group of links that can have many different styles and is used for department navigation.
- Spacer - control vertical space on the page.
- Stream - displays a Microsoft Stream video on the page from the Stream (classic) video portal
- Text - adds paragraphs to the page with formatting options like styles, bullets, indentations, highlighting, and links.
- YouTube - embeds YouTube videos.
Documents, lists, and libraries
- App Connection
- Document library - displays a document library to users with appropriate permissions.
- File and Media - insert a files on the page including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, .PDFs, 3D Models, videos, and more
- Highlighted content - dynamically displays content based on content type, filtering, or a search string.
- List - displays a list that can be customized by title, view, and size.
- List properties - connects to a list web part on the same page and display items from the list based on what a user selects.
- Page properties - provides details about the page, such as title, date, content type, and more.
- Recent documents - displays documents that have been recently added or edited.
- Saved for later - users can "save" pages, news posts, and documents to view using this web part.
- Sites - showcases additional SharePoint sites.
- Challenging words
- Feed for Viva Connections
- Twitter - shows tweets
News, people and events
- Countdown Timer - displays a count down or count up to an event.
- Events - add and display upcoming events.
- Group Calendar - embed group calendar.
- News - embed news articles from news posts created on the site.
- Organizational chart - shows a chart based on a person and number of levels up or down the chart.
- People - displays a selected group of people and their profiles.
- Microsoft Forms - Collect responses from surveys, quizzes, feedback, and polls.
- Power BI - embeds an interactive Power BI report.
- Quick chart - adds simple charts from entered data points, labels, and chart type.
- Site activity - shows recent activity on the site.
- Bing maps - adds a map to the page.
- Weather - shows the current weather on the page.
- World clock - shows the time in different locations around the world.
- Announcements Carousel by Compass365 - display announcements in an automatic sliding carousel.
- Code Snippet - displays code as text on the page.
- Dashboard for Viva Connections
- Embed - displays content on the page from other sites using and address or embed code.
Note: This does not work for Google Docs. Use the Modern Script Editor web part instead.
- Kindle Instant Preview - shares a preview of a Kindle book on the page.
- Markdown - adds text to the page and format it using Markdown language.
- Microsoft PowerApps - add a PowerApps to the page.
- Modern Script Editor - displays content on the page from other sites using and address or embed code.
Note: This is a custom web part to embed content on the page including Cognito forms and Google Docs.
- My feed - shows a mix of content from across Microsoft 365.
- Pictoria Image Slider - showcase images and card feeds.