Teams Calls - Place a Call in Calls
Teams Calls can be used to place calls to anyone at CVTC through Microsoft Teams. Employees with an assigned telephone number can use Teams Calls to place a call to other employees or to any external phone number.
Anyone using Microsoft Teams can place calls to others within CVTC using Chat. Employees with a phone number can also place external calls.
Place a Call in the Desktop App
- In Microsoft Teams, click the Calls (1) icon. Type a name or phone number (2) and pick the item from the list. Click the Call (3) button to place the call.
Note: There is no digit needed to access an outside line, just type the 10- or 11-digit phone number.
Note: If there is no dial pad shown, Calls are limited to other Teams users. If you have a CVTC phone number assigned, check with your supervisor and then submit an IT ticket to have a Teams Calls license assigned.
- A new window will open for the duration of the call. Your camera can be turned on or off (1) and your microphone muted or unmuted (2) during the call. Click the Leave (3) button to end the call.
Start a Call in the Mobile App
- Tap the Calls (1) icon then tap the New call (2) icon.
Note: If the Calls icon is missing, it will be found under the More meatball menu (1).
The Calls icon can be moved to one of the five available slots by tapping the Reorder (3) button.
Tap, hold, and drag the handle next to the Call icon (1) into the desired position . Tap the Done (2) button.
Place a Call
- If you have a CVTC phone number use the Dialpad (1) to tap a phone number (2) then click the Call (3) icon.
- To call a person at CVTC tap the People (1) menu, type the name (2), and tap the video or audio icon (3) to start the call.
- Your camera can be turned on or off (1) and your microphone muted or unmuted (2) during the call. Tap the Leave (3) button to end the call.