Student Handbook - Technology
IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk serves as your point-of-contact when a technology-related problem or question arises. The IT Service Desk technicians will answer questions regarding MyCVTC, password changes, Edvance360, Citrix, CVTC computers, internet access, system logins, etc.
Semester Phone Hours:
Interim Phone Hours:
For individual help with CVTC technologies such as Edvance360, MyCVTC, or student email, email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MyCVTC is a web portal for students to access information and tools they need throughout their educational career at CVTC. It provides students access to their email, Edvance360, SIS (Student/Staff Information System), college announcements, the library, counseling, and much more. Students will receive access to their MyCVTC account within 15 minutes of registration. The account remains active until one year after the last day of the last class attended at CVTC.
To login to MyCVTC for the first time, students are required to complete the account activation form. The account activation link is located at the bottom of the MyCVTC Secure Login page. Click “Activate MyCVTC account” and complete the required fields. Please Note: In the event your MyCVTC password needs to be reset the user name, secret question and answer will be required to change the password.
E360 is CVTC's learning management system. With E360, you can access course materials, view grades, submit assignments, participate in discussions and chats, and take tests and quizzes.
All of the important information including registration timelines & details, graduation, financial aid, College events, and much more will be distributed to students via their CVTC student email account. Students are strongly discouraged from forwarding CVTC email to a personal account as some internet providers view this as spam and block it accordingly. It is the student’s responsibility to open and read their email regularly. Please review the Internet/Email Acceptable Use Policy.
Your student email address is your MyCVTC email@example.com (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org). Student email-boxes have a quota of 50 GB (fifty gigabytes), including attachments. Students that reach that limit will no longer be able to send or receive messages. To minimize this inconvenience, routinely clean-out your mailbox.
Your student email will be active for one year after your last day of your last class attended here at CVTC. Please make sure that any emails you may need are forwarded to a permanent email.
Student Information System (SIS)
The Student Information System (SIS) is a secure system within MyCVTC that allows access to school and work records. Through SIS, students can obtain information such as grades, unofficial transcripts, class schedules, financial aid status, and class registration.
Network Storage (N Drive):
The N drive is designated network storage space for CVTC staff and students. CVTC recommends saving documents to the N: drive, because a backup is run daily. The N: drive is available on all campus computers as well as off campus, through MyCVTC Software (Citrix).
Secured wireless network connections are available at all CVTC campuses. Please use cvtcwireless
CVTC students are charged a printing fee based on the exact amount of printing. The standard charge is $0.05 per page for a single-sided black and white copy and $0.04 per page for one side of a duplex page. Larger paper size or color prints cost more. Each time a student prints, the location, and number of pages is logged by a system called “PaperCut.” Printing charges are posted to student accounts prior to the end of the semester. Students can pay their printing charges online in MyCVTC with Cashier Connection or at the Cashiers Office.
For print charge concerns, send an email to email@example.com; include your name, the printer name, date, time, and room number.
For jams and malfunctions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1499 from an internal phone. Include your name, the printer name, date, time, room number, and nature of the problem.
Wisconsin Integrated Software Catalog (WISC Software)
Students, faculty, staff, and departments of the University of Wisconsin and Wisconsin Technical College Systems can purchase popular software packages at substantial discounts. Visit http://wiscsoftware.wisc.edu/wisc, select Chippewa Valley under the WTCS Students drop-down menu, and enter student Id number excluding the “@”.
For Customer Service contact WISC at 800-590-9787.
Internet/Email Acceptable Use Policy
Use of the College internet/email is a privilege, not a right; and the College maintains the right to limit access. Email is NOT guaranteed to be private. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) or his/her designee has the right to monitor and track internet usage and access information stored in any user directory, on the current user screen, or in email. The CIO or his/her designee may deny, revoke, or suspend specific user accounts.
Acceptable Use – It is acceptable to use the College internet and email access for purposes relating directly to education, research, or job seeking.
Unacceptable Use – It is not acceptable to use the College Internet/email in such a way as to interfere with or disrupt network users, services, or equipment. The College’s Internet/email resources may not be used for:
- Distributing unsolicited advertising;
- Downloading, accessing, creating, displaying, transmitting and storing:
- Non-educational items (i.e. religious causes, political fundraising/lobbying)
- Obscene, profane, abusive, defamatory, derogatory, threatening, sexually explicit language, or graphic representation;
- Statements or graphic representations that may be construed as discriminatory or offensive by reference to race, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or other legally protected criteria;
- Propagation of computer worms or viruses;
- Downloading entertainment software/games or playing games over the Internet;
- Downloading, installing, distributing, or violating of any copyrighted or licensed material, including but not limited to music, movies, games and/or software;
- Downloading or installing any software unless directly instructed to do so by your instructor;
- Uploading any software licensed to or data owned by the College without the expressed written authorization of the administrator responsible for the software and/or data;
- Commercial activities and other activities conducted for personal gain;
- Solicitations not approved by the College;
- Gaining access to electronic information or devices unless access is authorized for educational purposes of the College;
- Vandalism and mischief that incapacitates, compromises, or destroys College resources and/or violates federal and/or state laws;
- Violating any federal, state, local law/regulation, or College policy/procedure.
Violations of this policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including probation, dismissal, revocation of the user’s account, and any appropriate legal action.
Social Media Guidelines
The guidelines address the use of social media platforms used by CVTC. The guideline does not seek to dictate the personal uses of social media by employees, students, or alumni. These guidelines govern the use of the College’s name. All guidelines and policies can be found online on My CVTC.