DUO - First Time Set-Up (Computer)
***If you are logging into Commons from a PC or Mac, please follow the directions below. If you are logging into Commons from your phone or tablet, please follow the DUO - First Time Set-Up (Smart Device) instructions.***
- Log into Commons.
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Skip for Now.
- Choose the device you want to add.
- Touch ID
- Duo Mobile RECOMMENDED
- Can be used on a supported smartphone or tablet.
- You will need to download the DUO app from the App Store or Google Play, if you choose this option.
- Security Key
- You can pick up a token at the front office of any campus, Student Central, the Library, or stop down to the IT Walk-Up (BEC 008).
- If pick up is not an option one can be mailed to you.
- Phone Number NOT RECOMMENDED
- Enter your Phone number.
Click Add phone number.
- If you are using a device without a phone number click I have a tablet.
- Verify the Phone number.
Click Yes, it's correct.
- If you haven't already done so, install the DUO Mobile app on your smart phone.
Click Next, when its installed.
- Open the DUO Mobile app on your smartphone.
- Tap Use a QR code.
- Use your smart phone to scan the QR code on your computer.
- Account name by default is CVTC.
Tap Save, to continue.
- On your PC, click Continue.
- Choose if you would like another way to authenticate.
- Recommended in case you lose, get a new, or forget your smartphone.
- Click, Log in with DUO.
- Tap Approve, in the DUO app on your smart phone.
- Click Yes, trust browser on your computer, to remember your pass code for 30 days.