Compressd or Zipped Files and Folders
Files or folders are compressed (zipped) to save space or combine multiple related files into one file. For Edvance360 (E360), if you compress a file that has a format that E360 does not support and E360 will allow you to upload the zipped file into the drop box. Compressed files take up less storage space and can be transferred to other computers more quickly than uncompressed files. You can work with compressed files and folders in the same way that you work with uncompressed files and folders.
Compress (Zip) File or Folder
- Navigate to the folder you want to compress or zip.
- Right click the Folder or File Name.
- Click Send to > Compressed (Zipped) Folder
Compress (Zip) Multiple Files in One Folder
- Make sure all files you want to zip are in the same folder.
- Hold the Ctrl key and click on each file or folder you want in the zipped.
- Right click on one of the selected files or folders.
- Click Send to > Compressed (Zipped) Folder.
Save a Zipped Folder
- Right click the File Name.
- Click Save Target As.
- Navigate to the location on your computer or storage device where you want to save the file or folder.
- Click Save.
Unzip a Folder
- Save the folder on your computer or storage device.
- Navigate to the saved folder on your computer or storage device and right click the zipped folder.
- Click Extract All.
- If you would like to move the location of the file, click Browse and navigate to the location where you want to save the extracted folder.
- Click Extract.