Schedule a Training Session in WebEx - Staff and Faculty
- Navigate to https://cvtc-employee.webex.com.
- Click Log In (in the upper right hand corner).
- Enter your MyCVTC username and password, click Log In.
- Click Training Center.
- Expand Host a Session, click Schedule Training.
- Session and Access Information
- Topic: Enter the name of your course or event here.
- Set Session Password: Passwords are not recommended, however if you choose to have one make it easy to remember.
- If you are reusing this session, make sure Automatically delete session after it ends is unchecked.
If you are not reusing the session Automatically delete session after it ends can remain checked.
- To receive a link to send out to your participants, make sure Send a copy of the attendee* invitation to me is checked.
- Select conference type: WebEx Audio (is the default).
- Check the Mute attendees* upon entry, if you want your attendees* to be automatically muted when they join.
- Entry and exit tone: Beep (is the default). You can choose to have it say the attendees* name if you prefer or no tone.
- Starting time: Choose the start date and time of your class (default is the current date and time).
- Time zone: Chicago (Central Standard Time, GMT-06:00).
- Occurrence: For multiple sessions, choose Multiple-session course (attendees* register for entire sequence).
- Estimated duration: Enter the time of the class period (default is 1 hour).
- Skip this section.
- Click Invite Attendees*...
- If this is your first time, enter your name and CVTC email address. Make sure Add new attendee* in my address book is checked.
- By entering your email address, you will be sent the Invitation to training session email with a link that you will give to your attendees* to join the session.
- Click Add Attendee*.
- Make sure your email is checked, and click Invite.
- Skip this section
- Available Features: If you choose to change the default features, click Edit Options...
- Check or uncheck your session options, click Save.
- Greeting Message: Click Customize greeting message when attendee* joins if you would like a customized greeting for your attendees*.
- In-session assignments (automatic or manual attendee* assignments during the session) are always available. Participants on some mobile devices cannot join breakout sessions.
- Options: Set up automatic or manual session assignments prior to the session. This can also be done while the session is in progress.
- If you did not manually invited users, in the Attendees* section, proceed to the next section.
- If you manually entered users, in the Attendees* section, please click Edit Email Options.
- Agenda: Enter the agenda of the course.
- Description: Enter your course description.
- Graphics: Upload pictures here.
- Course material specified can be downloaded by participants before the session starts. To add course material, you can either select files already in My Folders, or upload new files first and select them.
- You can add a test to this session for delivery before, during, or after the session. To add a test that you have already created and saved in the Test Library, click Add Test. To create a test, or to import from your polling questionnaire, schedule this session first. On the confirmation page that appears, select Add a Test. You can also go to the Session Information page later to add or edit a test after you have scheduled this session.
*Please note that attendee(s) and Participant(s) are the same in WebEx.
WebEx Meeting Center
WebEx Account Set Up - Staff and Faculty Only
WebEx Host Email
WebEx Invitation Email
Webex for Web Conferencing Classes - Students
WebEx Recording Editor User's Guide
WebEx for Instructor Office Hours - Student