Software - Solidworks Personal PC
Please note System Requirements for SolidWorks
- Windows® 8 or newer (64-bit)
- Quad core
- 16GB recommended
- 5GB free disk space
- 4GB or more GPU RAM
- NVIDIA® graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro®/NVIDIA GeForce®/Tesla™ with at least NVIDIA Kepler™ chip; Dual-GPU setup with at least NVIDIA Maxwell™ cards for the best experience
- NVIDIA driver version 385.41 (or newer) recommended
- NVIDIA driver support for CUDA® 9.0 or newer required
- HDR Light Studio connection: HDR Light Studio v5.3.3 or newer, except v5.4
- 4GB of video memory or more required for the Denoiser feature
This software can be installed on students and faculty personal PC's. This document is not published externally because we do have a limited number of the free licenses. Please walk the student through the below installation.
- Go to https://www.solidworks.com/sw/education/SDL_form.html
- Check Yes, next to I already have a Serial Number that begins with 9020.
- Choose 2019-2020 for Version.
- Enter your Student Email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Choose Student.
- Click Request Download.
- Click Accept Agreement & Continue.
- Click Download.
- You will then be asked to enter the school’s unique SEK Serial Number: 9020 0091 2342 5657 QQS9 XNCK
- Follow all remaining instructions and accept all defaults