Canvas - How to Set My Canvas Notification Preferences on My Computer
CVTC recommends that you turn on notifications for the following: Announcements, Conversations, and Grading.
1. In your Global Navigation, click the Account link, then click the Notifications link.
2. Each notification is set to a default preference. To change a notification for a contact method, locate the notification and click the icon for your preferred delivery type. To receive a notification right away, click the Checkmark icon. To receive a daily notification, click the Clock icon. To receive a weekly notification, click the Calendar icon. The date and time of your weekly notifications are posted at the bottom of the notifications page. If you do not want to receive a notification, click the Remove icon. Each set notification preference will automatically apply to all of your courses.
3. To view details for a notification, hover over the notification name.
4. If you have enabled push notifications in the Canvas Student app, you can manage your preferences in the Push Notification column. Please be aware that push notifications can only be sent to your mobile device right away or not at all. Daily and weekly notification options are not supported. Additionally, setting preferences inside the app will override preferences set in the notifications page.
5. You can set up your mobile phone as a contact method to receive notifications as text messages. See the article called Canvas - Setting Up Text Reminders under the Related Articles for directions on how to do so. Notification headings identify the course and the type of message notification. All notifications contain at least one text message. You cannot reply to text message notifications.