Canvas Conferences - How to connect to a Canvas Conference
Open Canvas in Google Chrome or Firefox.
1. In the course navigation menu, click on Conferences.
2. Find the conference you would like to join. At the far right, click Join. You cannot join a conference until the host has started the conference.
3. Click the microphone icon to connect your microphone. To join the conference without a microphone, click the Listen Only button. Once you join the conference, you can always change your audio settings.
4. In Chrome, you will have to click the Allow button in the browser to enable your microphone.
5. In Firefox, you need to select which microphone you'd like to connect in the Microphone to Share menu and then click the Allow button.
6. Complete the audio echo test to make sure your microphone is working properly before launching the conference. Speak a few words and if you hear audio, click the Yes icon. Click No to choose an alternative microphone.
7. Once you are done connecting your microphone, you will be brought into the conference.