Registering For Classes

1. When can I register for classes?

Your registration eligibility will depend on your enrollment at CVTC. Continuing students can verify their active registration date in their SIS account by clicking “Registration” under the Student tab. Click on “Check your Registration Status and Academic Standing.” You can input the upcoming term to confirm when you are able to register. If you are new to CVTC, new to a program, or starting in your core program in the upcoming semester, a letter will be mailed out to you with information regarding your Academic Advisement and Registration date and time.

2. Where can I search for the courses for upcoming semesters?

The best way to see which courses will be available in an upcoming semester is to look at the search course offerings page in your Commons account. You can locate this page by hovering over to the “Records and Registration” drop-down and clicking “Search Course Offerings.” Please ensure you enter the correct term when searching the page.

3. How do I add/drop classes?

If you are looking to add/drop courses for an upcoming semester, you are able to do so up through the first week that classes are in session if it is a 16-week course. You are able to drop first and/or second 8-week courses up until the day the course starts. For detailed information on the drop/add dates, please look over the student handbook.

4. Can I change my registration date?

If you are a new pre-program/program student, you will receive a letter in the mail indicating when your registration date will be. On this letter, there will be instructions on rescheduling your registration if you are unable to attend the date assigned. If you are a continuing pre-program/program student, you are unable to reschedule your registration and will be eligible to register on or after your registration date. Continuing pre-program/program students are unable to register before their assigned registration date unless special circumstances have been communicated with an academic advisor.

5. Can I still get into a class that’s closed?

If a course is full for a semester, the only potential way to be admitted would be through an override form completed by an academic advisor. At this time, CVTC does not offer waiting lists for individual courses.

6. Where can I find my program requirement sheet?

Program requirement sheets can be found in your Commons account by selecting the "Programs" dropdown. You will then select the program you are looking to obtain a course requirement sheet for and scroll down to the section titled "Program Requirement Sheet". If you have questions regarding which academic year you should be selecting, please contact your academic advisor directly.

7. Where can I find the CRN for my class?

You can locate the CRN for your class on your Commons page. Hover over the “Records and Registration” drop-down and click “Search Course Offerings.” Please ensure you enter the correct term when searching the page. Search for a course by using the title section or any of the suggested filters. Once you see a list of courses on your screen, the CRN is in the third column. It’s usually four to five digits long (ex. 21784).

Related Articles:

Advising Home

KeywordsCVTC records and registration register registering registered class classes when can i where course courses semester semesters fall spring winter summer drop add close closed program requirement sheets   Doc ID87538
OwnerJessica C.GroupChippewa Valley Technical College
Created2018-11-05 14:09:44Updated2023-06-20 15:12:17
SitesChippewa Valley Technical College
Feedback  0   0