Google - How to Share a Google Doc
For directions to sync your MyCVTC account with a Google Drive, click here.
- Open the file you'd like to share with another person.
- Click the blue 'Share' button in the top right-hand corner.
- You can share a file by sending a 'shareable link'. Use the shareable link when you want to copy and paste it into an email to a person or group of people. You can also use the shareable link to copy and paste into the Website URL submission type in a Canvas assignment. To get the shareable link, click 'Get shareable link'.
- After clicking 'Get shareable link', you will want to click on 'Anyone at Chippewa Valley Technical College...'. By clicking on this drop down menu, you can identify if anyone at Chippewa Valley Technical College can view, edit, or just comment on your document.
- **Please note that with this option, the recipient must have a CVTC email to access the document.
- If you'd like to send it to someone outside the CVTC community, you will need to select 'More'. After clicking 'More', you can select the option that best suits your sharing needs and recipient status.
- If you do not need a shareable link to paste into an email or assignment in Canvas, you can share your document with individual people below. If you are sending it to someone within the CVTC community, start typing their name and their email should populate, allowing you to click on their name. If they are outside the CVTC community, you will have to type their entire email address. Once you have added your recipients, click on the pencil icon to the right to set their permissions. Here you can identify if your recipient(s) can view, edit, or comment on your document. Once you have selected your recipient(s) and permissions, click 'Send'. Your recipients will get an email notification and link to access your document.
- ** Clicking 'Advanced' will open up more options such as modifying permissions for individual recipients, setting expiration dates, and more.
Google - How to Submit an Assignment from Google Drive to the Canvas Student App on an iOS Device
Google - Syncing Your MyCVTC Account with a Google G Suite Account
Google - Training Resources
Google - How to Change Editing Permissions on a Google Doc
Google - How to Convert a Google Doc to a Word Document
Google - How to Submit a Google Doc Assignment to Canvas
Google - How to Convert a Google Doc to a PDF