SharePoint - Create a Section
Audience: Commons content owners tasked with creating their group's SharePoint site.
This Step: Create a Section
- Click the Edit button in order to edit the Page.
- From the left side of the screen click the + Add a new section button.
- The + add button changes to a x cancel button (1).
(2) Select the Section layout from the menu that appears.
- After the section is added, several options can be set using the Edit section button (1).
(2) Select the number of columns for this section.
(3) Select the background shading for this section. These are the only colors available in the modern SharePoint.
(4) Choose to make the section collapsible. If switched to On additional choices are shown to control the behavior of this section.
Examples with styling from Commons can be viewed on the Content Editor's SharePoint site. These examples for sections include layout options, background shading, and making the section collapsible.
Note: Changes are reflected on the page so there is no need to save the changes to each section.
- Sections, along with any content inside, can manipulated using the Move section (1), Duplicate section (2), or Delete section (3) button.
Note: Deleting the section will delete any content within that section. Any content should be moved before deleting a section.