SharePoint - Add Content to Page
Audience: MyCVTC content owners tasked with creating their group's SharePoint site.
This Step: Add Content to Page
After sections are created, content is added to a page using one of several Web Parts. The most commonly used are Text, Quick Links, Hero, People, Call to Action, Events, Image, and Divider. There are also several other web parts listed. CVTC has no ability to hide web parts that are not used or are not supported under our Microsoft license structure.
The MyCVTC Content Owners SharePoint has live examples of several of the most common Web Parts under the Web Part Samples menu item.
Add a Web Part
- Click the Edit button in order to edit the page.
- Move the cursor around in the section until the + Add a new web part icon is displayed.
- There are several ways to find Web Parts to be added to a section.
(1) Click a web part from the Frequently used list (your list may be different than the example).
(2) Scroll down to find the web part from a category.
(3) Search for the name of the web part.
(4) Click to change the Sort A-Z or to filter by a specific category.
(5) Switch between grid view (default) to list view.
- After being added to the section, web parts can be edited, removed, duplicated, or moved between page sections.
Note: Web parts need to be recreated on new pages as there is no way to move or copy individual web parts between pages.
Most common web parts
Each web part has a slightly different method for editing. Details for working with the most common web parts are listed at the links below.
Several web parts have a live example from the MyCVTC Content Owners SharePoint. The live examples will show how the web parts are styled using the theme from the MyCVTC SharePoint site.
Additional web parts
The SharePoint - Web Part List describes all the web parts and contains links to to Microsoft's documentation.